Windy Peak Campus – Bailey, Colorado OR Mount Evans Campus – Evergreen, CO
The Assistant Chef will support the head chef in the preparation, serving, and cleanup of three healthy and fresh meals to residential campers and staff. The Assistant Chef must have previous kitchen experience, enjoy working with a team and desire to spend the summer working in a supportive and fun camp environment. Just as important, being a CMC staff means a summer full of camp traditions, skits, songs and fun.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in camp staff training.
- Help unload kitchen supply truck and put supplies away.
- Prepare food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Assist with presentation of food and service as directed.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Demonstrate proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Assist in proper storage of food within standards.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Head Chef.
- Maintain cleanliness of entire dining area, including restrooms.
- Kitchen clean up including proper washing and sterilization of all dishes and food preparation surfaces.
- Maintain clean, attractive, safe, functional food service equipment and facilities that meet or exceed American Camping Association (ACA) standards, State Health Codes and Avid4 Adventure policies and standards.
- Work with Head Chef in closing down kitchen and packing equipment at end of season.
- Serve as a role model for campers in appropriate behavior, language, attitudes, and activities.
- Thoroughly understand emergency action plans and help implement emergency procedures when deemed necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings and program meetings.
- Communicate and work with staff and provide necessary instruction and communication of safety and sanitation procedures.
- Other duties as requested by the Head Chef or Camp Director.
Mandatory Job Dates:
- Colorado Mountain Camp mandatory training will begin in the Boulder area on JUne 7th. Training will finish on site on June 17th.
- Camp season runs for 6 -8 weeks, depending on location.
- Time off varies during camp programming, nights, and weekends, depending on schedule.
- Opportunities for continued fall employment in our School Program (based out of Denver and Boulder) are also available, though not guaranteed.
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- Basic CPR Certification and First Aid preferred
- Previous kitchen experience.
- High levels of organization, communication, and judgment.
Compensation:Compensation varies based on location. Please check out the compensation page.
*If you take additional time off than the days allocated to all staff, either by YOUR choice due to other commitments or by OUR choice as a result of capacity fluctuations, then your Season Rate stated above will be pro-rated accordingly.
- Once we receive your application, we will review it thoroughly. If we decide not to move forward with your application, you will receive an email. If we are interested in moving forward, we will schedule an in-person interview (or an interview via Skype if you live outside of the area).
- If you are selected to move forward after the initial interview, we will follow up with a second round interview.
- Our team will do a thorough reference check with no less than 3 references. Two of these references must be with previous employers or professors.
- Once we gather all of this information, we will offer you a job on the following conditions:
- Successful completion of all background checks.
- All of your new employee paperwork is submitted within 2 weeks of being offered employment (with the exception of a medical physical which at times can take longer).