Off-Campus: 1-5 Days & Overnight
Our off-campus school programs transport students to local recreation areas for fun and immersive outdoor adventures. During one, two or five days off campus, students of all ability levels can try their hands at a range of exciting activities—kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing—all while building lasting confidence and teambuilding skills. We work with public and independent schools to design programs tailored to your school’s goals, whether that means structuring curriculum around particular educational material or focusing on developing kids’ communication skills. Each program is a little different to reflect the uniqueness of the school we build it for, but here are the basic formats:
- 1-Day Program: This daylong outdoor experience starts kids off with an energetic round of icebreakers, followed by an hour each trying out four different adventure activities with an emphasis on teambuilding and communication
- 2-Day Program: Over the course of two full days, kids spend between two and three hours exploring each of four adventure sports and working together on a range of teambuilding activities.
- 5-Day Program: Kids spend one thrilling school week mastering the basics of our adventure sports and deepening their teambuilding, problem-solving and leadership skills in a program custom-made for them.
- 4-Day Program with Overnight: Kids spend four days immersed in adventure and leadership activities, coupled with a one-night wilderness campout. Learn more about our off-campus overnight program.
Whatever program your school chooses, it’s designed to be student directed. We make sure kids understand what they need to do and how to stay safe doing it, but challenge them to work together to overcome obstacles and reach successful outcomes. Teachers and administrators are often amazed at what strong, efficient teams their students build in such a short space of time. Our Objectives for Every Program
- Deliver an experience consistent with the individual goals of each school
- Challenge students to deepen their communication and cooperation skills and build cohesiveness within their group
- Facilitate activities that bolster judgment, independence and confidence
- Help students build respect and appreciation for the natural world
- Introduce thrilling, fulfilling outdoor sports like kayaking, climbing, hiking, biking and canoeing
- Launch kids into a lifetime of empowering outdoor adventure