On Campus: 1-Day
Our 1-day on-campus school program brings outdoor adventures to your school to enhance students’ confidence, develop their communication skills, and achieve your school’s educational objectives. Avid4 Adventure uses four portable “outdoor education stations” which include elements such as a 25′ high mobile climbing wall, a 30′ portable pool for kayaking or canoeing, mountain bikes and a portable mountain bike skills course, and an outdoor Leave No Trace classroom. Students will rotate through stations spending half their time in an outdoor activity and the other half in our “educational ground school” covering grade specific curriculum. This program exposes large numbers of kids to the benefits of active outdoor pursuits while complementing your school’s academic program. The Avid4 Adventure ground school curriculum is specifically designed to correspond to K-5 grade level state standards. We cover topics such as simple machines through bike gears and gear ratios, discuss the water cycle during paddle sports, and teach the history behind most of our sports—such as how kayaking originated with Native Americans in Alaska. Apart from academic content, the personal and interpersonal skills that our outdoor program brings out in students create great opportunity for discussion back in the classroom.
- Deliver a curriculum that addresses state science, literacy, geography and physical education standards in a fashion that saves class time and fits well into school scheduling parameters.
- Deliver an experience consistent with the individual goals of each school.
- Challenge students to deepen their communication and cooperation skills and build cohesiveness within their group.
- Facilitate activities that bolster judgment, independence and confidence.
- Help students build respect and appreciation for the natural world.
- Introduce thrilling, fulfilling outdoor sports like kayaking, climbing, biking and canoeing.
- Launch kids into a lifetime of empowering outdoor adventure.