Registration is now FULL. Please come out to the park and enjoy the day! In the event that a registered child does not show up, we will have open spots.
Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
On Saturday, October 6, 2012, Avid4 Adventure will provide FREE bike instruction at Valmont Bike Park in Boulder. The ride is part of a nationwide celebration known as Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA). We are proud to partner with the City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Department and the Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance to bring you this event.
What to expect:
- Kids can ride together in 45 minute instructional rides at the park with an emphasis on safety and fun. Learn some new biking skills while exploring the park with expert Avid4 Adventure instructors. Clinics begin regularly and pre-registration is required. Children must be comfortable on 2 wheels (no training wheels or stryders) in order to join the group ride.
- Browse some of our gently used gear (bikes, helmets, etc.) that will be for sale. Click here to check out the full selection.
- Bring a picnic and enjoy the park as a family.
- If your Organization, Bike Shop, or Team would like to participate with us to encourage kids to mountain bike, please contact ValmontBikePark@bouldercolorado.gov to reserve your 10×10 booth space.
- Free kids helmets will be provided by Boulder Community Hospital.
- PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN BIKES AND HELMETS.
- Take your child(ren) biking and enjoy the park on your own!
Please review before you come out on October 6:
- Online pre-registration is required. One registration must be made for EACH child. Children must be comfortable on 2 wheels in order to participate in the group clinic.
- Please check your original confirmation emails for your specific clinic time. You SHOULD receive a confirmation email for EACH of your child that are registered. If you have any questions or need to cancel, please email us as soon as possible.
- Please be aware that parking at the park will be limited. If it is possible for you to carpool, walk, or bike to the park, please do so. For those driving, parking is available in the larger lot on Valmont Rd. After you park there, follow the pedestrian/bike path across the park to the main event area which is off of the Airport Road parking lot.
- Plan to arrive at Valmont Bike Park at least 30 minutes before your scheduled clinic time in order to have time for parking, finding your clinic group, and getting your bike ready to ride. Please check in for your clinic at the Avid4 Adventure table at least 15 minutes before your start time. We may give your spot away if you are not checked in by that time.
- Please remember to bring your bikes (of course!), helmets, comfortable clothing, sunscreen, plenty of water, and a smile.
Across the Globe: TKMBD in Bulgaria with the sister bike park to Valmont Bike Park
“Kriva spitza” bike club is proud to announce a partnership with the International Mountain Bike Alliance (IMBA) in bringing the Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day initiative to the international level. On Saturday, October 6th, the two organizations will both host free mountain bike instruction for kids at their bike parks – Velopark Plovdiv (Plovdiv, Bulgaria) and Valmont Bike Park (Boulder, Colorado, USA).
“Kriva spitza” is one of the first mountain bike clubs in Bulgaria. They have organized numerous events over their short history spanning just over 6 years, including 24-hour marathon races, miniDH races for kids, multi-day enduro tours, bike festivals, clinics and races for kids. They also advocate for trail and wilderness access for mountain bikers in Bulgaria.
AN OFFICIAL ADVENTURE PROVIDER OF
VALMONT BIKE PARK